With the stove and oven installed, our galley is finished! This project proceeded much faster than the head refit partly because I was working exclusively in wood, instead of a combination of fiberglass and wood, and because the final design was well thought out before the project began.
The head refit was a nebulous idea that morphed along as the project evolved. Every time I went to attach something permanent, we would look at the proposal and wonder how it would affect everything down the line. I always worried that what I built today would be removed tomorrow due to a change of plans. This led to a much more cautious approach which was also a much slower process.
The galley was anything from an evolving concept. We had the sink, all the wood, and the stove; though the stove was in the mail. The plan was well thought out and the goal was to finish as soon as possible because our end date was fast approaching and this wasn’t the final project for the boat.
With sure thought and a sound plan, the galley came to be in a very short amount of time which also allowed us to get our boat back into living condition with a relatively minor upset in the timeline.